Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 23rd homework

Kleine Summary:
In his article "What Is It We Do When We Write Articles Like This One-and How Can We Get Students to Join Us?", Michael Kleine attempts to show teachers and students how to write research papers properly. On page 25, he uses the interesting idea of how we need to be like hunters and gatherers, which means that as "hunters", we need to find what we're looking for and a gatherer discovers that which might be of use. He also talks about how to use all of your information that you gather to put together a good research paper.

QD: 1, 3 & 41. His text is pretty much how I write my research papers. I never really enjoyed doing research papers, but when I'm told I need to do one, I usually do a lot of research to find good information and quotes or something to back up my arguments.
3. Sources play a pretty big role because a lot of people say things from what they have heard from other people. In high school, citing our sources was a MAJOR thing we had to do for our papers. If we didn't have a works cited page, it was an automatic zero. However, I think Kleine is saying that sources aren't as important as the actual idea behind the argument.
4. I think the only way I'd really change the way I do research is that I'd try to be more of a "hunter" so I can gather more information.

Response to Kleine:
I really liked this article because it really relates to what we're trying to learn in class now and it gave me a kind of new perspective on how to do my research.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the responses to the questions yours made me think in a different way then how I answered them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this article is helping me understand what is going on during class and is probably gonna be a useful tool later on in our college career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought sources were a big role for me in the past because it was always a requirement in high school to have certain sources for our papers. I do agree with you that this article is a little bit of what we are talking about in class too.

    ReplyDelete