Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 13th Homework

"Annoying Ways People Use Sources" Summary:
In the summary "Annoying Ways People Use Sources", Steadman argues that people simply don't really know how to use their sources correctly. I really liked the comparison he gave about a slow car driving in the fast lane on the high way. This is a really good comparison because I know how annoying it is to behind someone that is going under the speed limit, so I understand how annoying it is for him when other writers don't know how to use their sources properly. He is basically saying that you need make sure that reader is able to read your writings and it needs to be organized and your sources need to be used properly.

My Response:
Steadman's advice compare to what we've read with Porter, Greene, and Kantz because they all talk about ways that us college students make mistakes in our writings and they are showing us ways to improve our writing skills. The way I've always been taught to use sources is that I had to do proper in-text citations and properly cite my sources at the end of my paper. My views haven't really changed because I've been taught to always cite my sources, so I'll remain to do the same, but of course, my writing can always use some improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment