Summary:
In the article "Tuning, Tying, and Training Texts: Metaphors for Revision", Barbara Tomlinson argues how important metaphors are and how to revise them. She uses many examples throughout the text to get her point across, rather than just explaining the whole process.
QD: 1-5
1. I believe she says this because not all metaphors can be trusted and because many people aren't honest during interviews, so it's more beneficial to look the information up yourself.
2. You can become blind for the rest of the reading when trying to interpret a metaphor because sometimes you may not understand the full meaning behind it, making the rest of the reading harder.
3. I don't usually use a lot of metaphors in my writings. Not many of them come from personal experiences or anything and sometimes I even find them hard to understand, so I probably won't be using them in my writings.
4. She was using a lot of different metaphors and it became pretty confusing for me myself, so I think she definitely over did it.
5. Because I don't really use metaphors, I wouldn't use this process.
Response:
I didn't really like reading this because I became easily confused with all the different metaphors she was using and I found it harder to read than our other readings. However, I do understand the importance of using metaphors and revising them.
No comments:
Post a Comment