Intro Summary:
This article was mainly about how certain articles are meant to grab certain people's attention and how we interact with those texts. Every reader won't have the same reaction to a specific text. It's more involved with how we put ourselves into the writing and the meaning we take out of the text.
Response Blog: Rhetoric/Rhetorical
To me, the meaning of rhetoric is the type of language that writers use to get their point across. The meaning of the term "rhetorical", to me, is understanding how readers interpret a text and how writers work to construct a meaningful meaning behind their texts.
Topic Proposal:
Does texting really affect the way a person writes?
WAW Response:
In this article, it is basically saying we have been taught so many different things about reading and writing, but there is a much deeper understanding that we aren't too familiar with yet. It also talks about how professors need to find a better way of criticizing a student's work in a most positive way, rather than just saying "bad" with no definition of what is actually "bad" about it and how students are the only one's that can really improve their own writings by being creative in their own way.
QD: 1-3 & 6
1. Kantz is basically saying that facts, opinions, and arguments aren't always your own personally thoughts, but rather that most of these things are taken from other people's ways of thinking.
2. Often times, students strongly believe that all the right answers about their homework are found in textbooks and that everything that is written in a text book is all true, when a lot of it is basically another person's opinion. I'd have to agree with her on this list, just because I used to think the same way about textbooks and I relied heavily on them to be as accurate as possible with my homework.
3. Her article does kind of teach me something new about persuasive techniques. I think it's often better when people use personal experiences in a persuasive speech because it makes the listeners or readers see that it really can happen and how it can affect a person.
6. Yes, I think Kantz's ideas will help improve my approach on doing research and writing with sources, because a lot of the stuff that was said I already knew, but it gave me some reassurance on what needs to be done.
MM:
I feel that she is trying to analyze the aspect of rhetoric by trying to persuade her audience. I believe that, as a writer, knowing the importance of rhetoric, it'll help you become a much better writer because then you'll know how to effectively reach out to your audience in a way that will get them to listen to you and think about the things that you are saying.
I agree with the fact that all throughout high school we are taught certain rules about writing and research but there is a deeper reality to the constructs of reading. Also, about your proposal,I do not believe texting affects how people write. Peoples texting only differs from their writing because of a difference in setting.
ReplyDeleteI really like your topic proposal for your first paper- but which side are you going to argue? I definitely agree that there is a level of understanding reading and writing that we have yet to/are getting to now. I defined rhetoric the same way basically, and also from there, I said that rhetoric is a mixed of logic and theory based argument. Like you said, it is not just stating fact after fact to prove a point, it is more about making meaningful conversations with your readers that is thought provoking and may turn on a light bulb in their minds.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, if you can master the concept of rhetoric completely, than you can become an amazing writer.
ReplyDeletePlagiarism checker reddit I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.
ReplyDeleteThis is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. Homeworkmarket
ReplyDelete