Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 30th homework

Ransom Summary:
In her article "How Do I Write?", Dominique Ransom discusses the way that she writes. She discusses all the things she goes through with writing, such as the good things, struggles, and distractions. During her experiment, she discovers who she really is as a writer.

Other Questions to Consider:
1. Some of the things that interested me the most was about all the distractions, time, struggles, and revisions that she talks about with her writings. If I could do my own research, I would look into the importance of the audience and better include them into my writings.
2. I don't think taking note really makes me think. I'm more of a person that gets ideas randomly by either talking to someone or just seeing something that may spark an idea. Once I get that idea, I usually write it down so I don't forget about it.

Reflection:
I personally enjoyed this article because it really gave me some good ideas on how to write my next paper. However, I found it kind of boring to read. I usually try to make my papers a little more fun to read for my audience.

Harris Summary:
In his article "Composing Behaviors of One- and Multi-Draft Writers", Muriel Harris compares and contrasts the differences between one-draft and multi-drafts and discusses the problems that occur in both things.
1. I'm more of a one-draft writer. I usually write my paper then go through and make corrections and do all my editing all in one draft.
2. According to Harris, one of the disadvantages about one-draft papers is that you miss out on some important details and information that could've been added.

Response:  
I personally enjoyed reading this article because it gave me ideas on how to write my next papers and how to prepare myself better.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with your response. i got the same point form the article.

    ReplyDelete