Sunday, March 4, 2012

Paper #4

With this paper, I was trying to show that procrastination isn't as bad as most people make it out to be. My main claim was that although procrastination is normally viewed as a bad thing, sometimes it could be a good thing. I tried to support this claim by using quotes and interviews with students and other scholars on their views of it. The counter-argument I used was using other quotes and ideas from other scholars who opposed the idea of procrastination. The parts of my paper that I think worked well was my intro and my first paragraph, but then I felt like I could really work on the rest of the paper to improve it. I want my peer reviewer to look for things that should be added into the paper, or things that I should take out, and also tell me how the flow of the paper is. Also, keep in mind that this is my first draft of this paper and I'm well aware that there is some work that needs to be done, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated. If given more time, I probably would've looked up more academic scholars and their views on procrastination.

URL: http://www.scribd.com/doc/83879647

2 comments:

  1. In your article, I thought that you were arguing that procrastinating isn't always a bad thing when it comes to writing. It all depends on the writing style/process that you have to determine if procrastination is bad or not. I like how you did a survey of your own to find information. But I do think there are some things that can be improved.With your intro, I think it should be extended a little to explain in more depth what your paper is about. I also think that you should get a couple more sources for the body of the paper. I think that the flow worked well, so no need to improve that. But I enjoyed reading this and I'm sure it will be good as a final result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link sorry: http://www.scribd.com/doc/84327320/Paige-Paper-4

    ReplyDelete